FoodWise - Food Safety Certification Program
This program provides grocery retail staff with a better understanding of the factors that influence food safety. The purpose of the program is to provide staff with the science behind the procedures that keep food safe.
FoodWise - Food Safety Certification Program was developed for and continues to be used by the retail food industry for the certification of owner-operators, store managers, department managers and other key retail employees. The program provides employee training programs that include temperature control, food handling practices, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, etc.
- Food Safety in the Retail Industry
- Regulatory Authority and Government Agencies
- Foodborne Illness & Injury
- Properties of Food (PHFs vs non-PHFs)
- Allergen Awareness
- Premises, Equipment, Water and Waste Management
- Housekeeping vs Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Pests and Pest Control
- Personnel - Health and Hygiene
- HACCP vs HACCP-based
- Good Food Handling Practices - Total Store
*Must be an active member of Retail Council of Canada
*Non-member price : $37.00